References and Image Attributions
The Waste Watch committee appreciates the value of the Creative Commons licencing system. This has enabled the production and reproduction of the following images:
- Sketch of Malcolm Turnbull based on original image by Veni Markovski (CC BY-SA 4.0).
- Sketch of Julie Bishop based on original image by DFAT (CC BY 3.0 AU).
- Sketch of Christopher Pyne based on original image by Policy Exchange (CC BY 2.0).
- Sketch of Barnaby Joyce based on original image by Bidgee (CC BY-SA 3.0).
- Sketch of Tony Abbott based on a public domain image.
- Sketch of Warren Truss based on original image by Bidgee (CC BY-SA 2.5).
- Sketch of Joe Hockey based on original image by DFAT (CC BY 3.0 AU).
- Sketch of Bronwyn Bishop based on original image by Eva Rinaldi (CC BY-SA 2.0).
- Dollar symbol sketch based on an image by Svilen Milev (CC BY-SA 3.0).
- Image of the marble coffee table in the booklet by the Department of Parliamentary Services (CC BY 3.0 AU).
Waste Watch book references
- $15 million for higher education changes campaign – (see Page 3)
- $18 million Infrastructure campaign.
- $20 million ice campaign
- $28 million ‘Ideas Boom’ campaign
- $18 million for the child care reform communication campaign
- $31 million for the Intergenerational Report – or see Senate Estimates document, Page 53
- $57 million to abolish Medicare Local, replace with PHNs
- $50,000 two Medibank Private sell off media conferences (see Question in Writing No. 1342)
- $440,000 on consultants to privatise Australian Hearing
- $2.5 million spend by Commission of Audit
- $20,000 in Budget parties: $10,000 announcing 2014-15 Budget; $10,000 for 2015-16 announcement’s party
- $5,200 chopper charter for Bronwyn Bishop
- $11,000 food and meals for Indonesian Cattle sector talks
- $1,000 replacement of marble coffee table
- $1,100 for George Brandis’s London dinner
- $6,300 for former Defence Minister David Johnston’s dinners
- $50,000 for Joe Hockey to wine and dine G20 finance ministers
- $80,000 for catering Tony Abbott’s Torres Strait trip
- VIP flight to Liberal donor birthday party
- $40,000 flying bureaucrats to a Cabinet meeting in Perth
- $28,000 VIP flight Canberra to Sydney for 20 minute media conference
- $17,000 per flight for two separate charters to fly Malcolm Turnbull and Tony Abbott home to Sydney after the Liberal leadership coup
- $45,000 Gamification strategy tender
- $9.6 million worth of building upgrades
- $324,000 on a conference table
- $2.2 million accommodation bill
- $627,000 for taxis
- $50,000 on boat travel
- $18,000 seafood soiree at
- $45,000 Energy conference at a luxury Mexican resort
- $31,000 spent on coffee
- $1,352 for Christopher Pyne to day let a room
- $37,000 for unused Torres Strait hotel rooms
- $40,000 for New York’s Waldorf Astoria had to offer (Search for and download Senate Question on Notice #1667 in Senate Hansard)
- $4 million on Australian Taxation Office iPads
- $4.2 million on Department of Human Services iPads
- $8.8 million on electronic equipment in storage
- $585,000 on stolen Defence fuel card
- $500,000 for ACCC networking conference
- $133,000 to gift four Koalas to the Singapore Zoo
- $62,500 a day tour of Kangaroo Island featuring Koala cuddles
- $150,000 Diplomatic tour of Western Australia featuring marsupials
- $24,000 on G20 koala cuddles
- $2,285 dinner between former Howard Government Foreign Minister Alexander Downer and Tony Abbott
- $100,000 for lost equipment
- $900,000 defrauded from the Department of Human Services
- $100,000 across remaining Departments
- $2.5 million for failed marriage counselling scheme
- $7 million on media monitoring in 2014-15 Financial Year
- $120,000 by Scott Morrison on media monitoring without giving information to media as Immigration Minister
- $79,000 worth of media training for Australian Border Force
- $1.3 million on Australian Border Force medals
- $670,000 to set up politically motivated offices for Barnaby Joyce
Out of Here
- $500,000 for North Sydney by-election
- $4.4 million to shorten Darwin’s Parap Pool
- $15,000 on toy Australian Border Force dogs
- $80,000 cost for Department of Agriculture to complete Freedom Of Information request
- $14,000 to fight Perth Freight Link FOI
- $26,000 to polish a table at the Lodge
- $21,000 worth of pillows and curtains for the Prime Ministerial Office.
- $23,000 upgrades of Bronwyn Bishop’s Speaker suite
- Julie Bishop’s $62,500 a day tour of Kangaroo Island featuring Koala
- Julie Bishop’s $150,000 Diplomatic tour of Western Australia
- Tony Abbott spent $2 million entertaining foreign Heads of State and dignitaries during his time as PM
- $24,000 for flowers welcoming Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- $1 million on biscuits, tea and coffee
- $27,000 per day on failed Early Language Learning trial
- $11.6 million Lodge renovations
- $130,000 to break mansion contract
- $600,000 for grounds maintenance at Kirribilli House
- $650,000 to make Tax White Paper palatable to taxpayers
- $330,000 on a state of the art Immigration media briefing room
- $15,000 worth of top-notch videography equipment for Prime Minister media advisers
- Jamie Briggs spent $75,000 on video services when he was Assitant Infrastructure Minister
- $1.2 million to send a letter claiming pension wouldn’t be cut when it was
- $100,000 on late fees for contracted services
- $170 million per year on unused office spaces
- $6,000 on Venetian water taxi for George Brandis
- $450,000 worth of signage and stationery costs. N.B. This figure has increased since publication to around $550,000.
- $30,000 spent updating business cards, letterhead, signage and websites following the Turnbull coup and Ministry appointments
- Two Future Fund Christmas parties (coming in at $11,000 and $8,000)
- $3.3 million on redundancy payouts after the Turnbull Coup
- $18,000 talkfest on streamlining Commonwealth and states
- $10,900 on yoga training
- Tens of thousands of dollars to prevent George Brandis’s diaries being made public